The Intigua Virtualized IT Operations Command Center is built upon an open, extensible and scalable architecture designed to support large-scale, distributed data center environments. Intigua supports the full range of heterogeneous environments including physical servers and virtual machines in private and public clouds, running Windows or Linux. The unified solution can be applied to any management tool, including IBM Tivoli, HP-OM, BMC Patrol, CA Audit, Symantec ESM and NetBackup, Hyperic, Splunk, Puppet, Chef, and more. Intigua also works with internally developed custom management tools. Intigua is tightly integrated with VMware vCenter to facilitate important services such as:
- Server auto-discovery
- Secure real-time communication with virtual endpoints via the hypervisor channel
For larger environments, Intigua supports simultaneous connections to multiple vCenters.
In non-VMware environments, Intigua leverages alternate information sources for auto-Discovery, such as CMDBs and the Amazon EC2 API, as well as alternate channels for communication with endpoints, including HTTP/HTTPS, SSH and CIFS/SMB. A single Intigua Central Server can manage thousands of server endpoints. Multiple satellite Intigua Central Servers can be deployed to address unique requirements of larger environments, such as full redundancy or to address bandwidth constraints between geographically distributed locations.
Intigua consists of five key components:
- Central Server & Policy Engine provides all core services storage for the Intigua application. The Central Server is delivered as a fully self-contained virtual appliance installed on a RHEL guest.
- Real-time Holistic Orchestration Engine enables the full lifecycle control of all IT management tools and services.
- Centralized Console provides a browser-based UI from which all system operations are performed along with various administration functions, system configuration, log access, and other tools. It supports single sign-on integration with LDAP/Active Directory and enforces role-based access controls (RBAC).
- Virtualized Encapsulation Technology enables agents from traditional IT tools vendors (such as IBM Tivoli, HP, BMC, CA, Symantec, Splunk, etc.) to be managed and controlled by the Intigua Command Center. This process does not alter the functionality of the tools in any way. It appends additional logic to facilitate management via Intigua. This includes facilities for health monitoring and automated remediation, as well as mechanisms to enable their direct communication with the Intigua Central Server concurrently with their communication to their respective management consoles.
- REST API provides programmatic access to all Intigua enabling integration with cloud orchestration platforms such as vCAC and OpenStack; workflow automation solutions such as vCO and HP-OM; and DevOps tools such as Puppet and Chef.
Intigua supports all off-the-shelf IT Management tools from all vendors, including – Asset Management & Discovery tools, Configuration Management, Monitoring, Backup, Security, Logging, Reporting, Analytics, and more. The Intigua IT Operations Command Center will work with all your existing IT tools—without requiring any changes to the tools.
Custom or internally developed management tools can be supported via the Intigua Self-Packaging tool.